Whāngai Pepe Breastfeeding Support Service offers FREE breastfeeding support to Māori and Pacific whānau within Te Awa Kairangi from antenatal to toddlerhood.
Our friendly team of qualified IBCLC lactation consultants and trained breastfeeding peer counsellors offer;
- Clinic appointments
- Online or phone consultations
- Home visit appointments (*certain criteria applies)
- Drop – in sessions (Wainuiomata Community Hub, Wednesdays 10am – 12pm & Koraunui Marae, Thursdays 10am-12pm)
- Breast Pump hireage (koha)* (*certain criteria applies)
The Breastfeeding Support Service aims to improve infant health and wellbeing by providing mothers, babies and their wider whānau with breastfeeding information, guidance, education and mentoring and nutrition assistance. Māmā may be referred to the service through:
- Tamariki Ora Well Child Services.
- Primary Health Care Services (GPs).
- Lead Maternity Carers.
- Community agencies and services.
Māmā are also welcome to contact the team directly.
The service is based in the Kokiri Puketapu Building (opposite the Tamariki Ora building) at 148 Whites Line East.
Phone: 027 555 7741